Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Been Unpacking Like a Dog


Well it has been a while since my last post, and for that I am sorry. Life has been pretty crazy and exhausting, perhaps a good preparation for my new job.

This past Saturday we successfully arrived at our new apartment. After enjoying our first meal, Thai food on the floor, we began the setup of our apartment. This preparation included the cleaning of floors, the washing of windows, and the deflating of the inflatable mattress we used as a bed.

On Monday, the movers successfully unloaded all of our possessions from the truck leaving our living room full of boxes. After making the obligatory trips to Ikea, Home Depot, and Bed Bath and Beyond, we began to face the daunting task to unpack several dozens of boxes.

While the apartment has its own degree of idiosyncrasies, such as a leaky faucet, I fixed it, problem with blinds, I fixed it, and a rattling radiator, I'm still fixing it, we are loving the apartment.

As we unpack, we think and thank all of our friends and family who have contacted us and sending us good will.

No comments: