Friday, May 18, 2007

450 Miles, and Boy are My Arms Tired

The day started normally enough. Woke up, got some free breakfast at the Holiday Inn (yes I be chillin at the HOLIDAY INN...and inviting all of my friends), and then hit the road. The drive went pretty well, until I decided to get some coffee.

Believe me, coffee will result in many, many bathroom breaks. Ultimately, we took a break from driving to check out the wonderful landscaping of South Bend, IN. This involved meeting up with my aunt and uncle, who took me to my favorite spot in all of South Bend, Pat's Restaurant (since they stop serving lunch at 2:30, I drove like a maniac to make sure we got there on time).

Now for those of you who have not experienced the awesomeness that is Pat's, just imagine a pork chop the size of your head, and second one for only $2 more, talk about a supersize.

Following this lunch, we got a personalized guided tour of Notre Dame. Okay, granted it was led by my aunt and uncle, but hey, they live there!!

After all was said and done, we said goodbye to South Bend, and made our way to Chi-town (Chicago).

After meeting up with a friend from high-school, we went to Millenium Park. Let me just say that sometimes a city spending $50 mil on a sculpture shaped like a giant lima bean is worth it (just check out the picture).

We then were treated by our host to an amazing steak dinner. I then left this group to meet up with my old roomates from Beltsville. Yes, none of us could believe that we once lived there, and all of us were glad that we did.

Now, after gaining an hour driving, it is 1:45AM, and 2:45EST. So I'm going to go to bed and rest up for our 12 hour (thats right, 12 hour) drive tomorrow.

Here is to Red Bull and all its caffeinated glory!!

Steve Bachelor Party Update: we settled upon a date to head to Vegas. I also sent out an email exclaiming that I made reservations at Circus Circus (as a joke which you will soon understand), and promptly received a phone call from my friend who fears clowns (yes these people do exist outside of Animaniacs).

No comments: